Thomas
DeChastelain
Memorial Archives

Reader Comments on Tom's Passing

The following are some of the comments posted or emailed to us following the announcement of Tom's death. Thank-you for your kind and warms thoughts.

Date: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:38 PM
Dear Karen: My deepest condolences and sympathies. I have read Frank's material for some 2 1/2 years now and have come to enjoy and greatly respect his thoughts. In fact being a voracious reader and reasonable technicican myself I placed a very high value on Frank's TA and commentary and feel to this day that his work was some of the best available on the internet. I once e/mailed him and asked for his permission to post one of his charts on a chat forum to which he replied "I guess". I wish I would have taken the time to tell him how much I respected his work and I will greatly miss his opinion, insight, and commentary.
yours truly Larry Schofield

Paul says:
I am terribly saddened by this news. My heart goes out to you. Tom was a great technical analyst and had we been fortunate to have him around longer he would have been one of the all time greats. I've been in the markets for 30 years and I think he had that great gift of seeing clearly without letting his personal wishes come into his analysis. We will all miss him. Paul
posted Sep 10, 2006 at 12:08PM

Date: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:05 AM
I was shocked to hear the passing of Thomas. I frequented this site often and learned a lot about investing in precious metals from him. I found him to be an honest person who never shied away from sharing his opinion, which I mostly agreed with! My deepest condolences go to his family. I will definitely miss his technical analysis!

Posted By: longo
Post Time: 9/6/2006 15:25
at stockhouse.com
One of the internet's most valuable and insightful technicians has passed away suddenly. Thomas De Chastelain provided the most engaging and concise commentary and analysis found on the internet. His web site, was a source of great value both to traders and investors alike. I will miss reading his thoughts and I strongly recommend that you peruse his website before it is taken down.

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 3:27 PM
I just wanted to express how sorry I was to here about Mr. DeChastelian untimely death. I will miss his wit and humor and of course his great analysis. I think many who followed Thomas would apprecate, if possible, and tribute about him posted on this site. I personally exchanged e-mails with him on occasion but kept it to a minimum because of the following he had. Thanks and my prayers are with his family and friends.
Jeff Secora Mason City Ia.

Grant says:
I found my way to Quasimodos from 321gold and always loved reading the commentary and viewing the charts and tried to learn from this man who gave freely of his wit and wisdom. I knew nothing of his personal life or age and am shocked and saddened at his sudden passing at such a young age. My condolences to you Karen and all his family and friends. This world's loss is another world's gain - you will meet again in time.
Penn Valley, California
posted Sep 8, 2006 at 01:41PM

Posted by Wintersong
09-04-2006, 11:56 PM
A moment to remember Thomas Dechastelain
Thomas ran a very nice and unique Senators fan blog. He always had very interesting perspectives on the topics, followed the sens like any good rabid fan would, and really loved them as a team. Thomas and his wife had just finished adding a multimedia section to their fan website, and were both very excited about the possibilites as well as the fun of just spending countless hours making video highlights of players and of the team. Sadly and unexpectedly Thomas passed away monday morning. This is most unfortunate as his was my favorite blog and always looked forward to reading his near daily updates. Anyone who has ever visisted his site "The Sens Watch" will understand that we lost a great fan

karim says:
I don't know the man but I still feel sad. I thinks that's because I know he is a man of great wisdom from reading his anaysis religously. A truely sad day for me. I want to express my deepest sympathy to all his loved ones, what a great analysis he provided to the readers, and for free I have to say, something very rare these days, you will be greatly missed.
Karim Washington DC
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 08:49AM

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 12:28 PM
I wish to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Thomas. I learned allot about technical analysis and investing by reading Thomas's thoughts. He will be missed...
Ken Farley calgary, Alberta

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:57 AM
I want to thank Thomas for the positive influence he has had on me. Although he wrote on the impersonal financial markets, his personal goodness always shined brightly. I will miss him. Best wishes to all of his family and friends.
James Hartman Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

Date: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:33 AM
Thank you for sharing something of Frank's life with us. I am one of the many traders who considered it essential to visit his site every day to see what Thomas D. might have posted. I am sure he made trading life more rewarding for thousands. I pray that your grief will one day be assuaged to the point you may once again experience the joy Frank surely wishes for you.
Joe Pavia

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 4:59 PM
Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of a wonderful man. I will miss Mr. DeChastelain's pithy comments, his fantastic analysis, his logic, his knowledge. I was deeply shocked when I signed on and saw the message of his death. I will miss him.
Barbara

Alex says:
To all the member of Tom's family, receive my most sincere sympathies. Alex, from Montreal. A reader who learned to appreciate his astute comments, his precise work analysis and all the others well thought contributions Tom made generously on the web since many months.
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 03:24PM

Canuck2004 says:
I am shocked and very sorry to hear about this tragic news. I read his comentary daily and always appreciated his work. He helped me confirm my own work, or show the errors of my ways. I will miss him dearly. I have lost many close friends this year, and my younger brother is currently terminally ill. I feel your sorrow. My sincerest condolences to the family.
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 01:57PM

panzer says:
I am shocked to go to this link and read this terrible news. He was a friend, a comrade in arms, someone who had great thoughts, cogently and modestly expressed. My deepest condolences to his family and children and wife for their terrible loss. Life is so fragile.
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 02:04AM

Charlie says:
We have all been cheated out of the last half of Frank's life, especially his dear wife and family. My prayers and condolences to those close to him and strength in the days ahead.
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 06:51PM

Matthias says:
There are times like this that I really donít know what to say. I made a lot of investment decisions on his advice and I am always had the highest respect about his opinion and his intellectual capabilities. I'm so sorry to hear that he has died.
Matthias from Germany
posted Sep 8, 2006 at 11:04AM

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:00 AM
My deepest condolence. I have been following Thomas's commentary for a year now, always very interesting to read. I am sure we will all remember him.
Peter Hong Kong

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 10:59 AM
Our deepest sympathy to Thomas's family and friends.

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 10:25 AM
My sincerest condolences. I will very much miss Thomas's "take" on things.
Martin Smith

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 10:11 AM
I am very sad to hear this news "Thomas DeChastelain passes away" this morning. I appriate a lot his generous analysis. Thank for everything Mr DeChastelain. I want to offer my sympathy to his family.

Date: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:42 PM
Thank you for the background information on the man behind Quasimodos, which I have been reading for a couple years now. I eagerly looked forward to the new additions each week. I am sorry for your loss. He will be missed by many.

Date: Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:52 AM
I wish to extend the deepest sympathy for your loss. I have followed "quasimodo's" website for years and I share your grief in his passing. The website allowed many of us to appreciate him. My prayers are with you.

Date: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:00 PM
my heartfelt condolences, I am pained to hear that someone my age is taken out of our midst so prematurely. I was reading for the last year your husbands commentaries and technical analysis and was very grateful for both his insight and his very generosity sharing them. wishing you all the best
Kurt Hentschlager

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 1:41 PM
It is a day unhappy. Thomas DeChastelain was appreciate and his apport at my training, very important. Thank you, Mr. DeChastelain.

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 9:45 AM
My heart goes out for your loss. This was my favorite site as I learned a lot from it.

Date: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:57 AM
My personal journey to understanding the markets better began with quasimodos.com. Frank will be sorely missed.
Daniel

Date: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:49 AM
so sorry to hear the sad new about Tom. hope the many others who appreciated his hard (and free) work also pass on their condolences. best to family and friends

Date: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:55 AM
My sincere condolences to the family of Thomas.
Joris Goovaerts Belgium

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 11:54 PM
i am very sad to hear this news i very much loved thomas views he will be sadly missed
kerry harris

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 9:33 PM
My sincere condolences to his wife and family. His technical analysis was respected and followed closely by many of us and he will be missed.
Arthur Winer

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 7:09 PM
Very sad news. Was a big fan of his TA acumen and political frankness. Best wishes.
Trevor

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 3:11 PM
I'm so sorry. Thomas has been a regular part of my weekends for a long time. I felt like I got to know him and I will miss him.
Michael McCarthy Chapel Hill, NC

Date: Monday, September 04, 2006 7:08 AM
my sympathies to family and friends. regards
Peter

Brent says:
Sorry to hear this news, I enjoyed reading his analysis. Perhaps a bit of an obituary could be placed here so we can know more about him.
posted Sep 5, 2006 at 06:46PM

enkidu says:
With M.DeChastelain's passing, the world's average IQ has dropped slightly. My sympathies to his family.
enkidu Paris, France
posted Sep 5, 2006 at 10:47AM

midas says:
To Tom's family. As a regular reader of Tom's website and admirer of his technical expertise, please accept my deepest sympathies. I'll sorely miss his wit, insights into the world's rights and wrongs, his deep intelligence and generosity in freely sharing knowledge.
David Sanders - Sydney, Australia
posted Sep 5, 2006 at 09:17AM

el gordo says:
Very sad....our hearts and prayers are with his family
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 07:58PM

Eric says:
hello from Metz in France... I lost my father 11th july..2006 take my sincerest condolences and give to him family... good and quite last travel for him... big courage for his wife
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 02:06PM

dasein says:
I am also sorry to hear about Thomas' passing. My condolences to the family. I was not a frequent reader, but always appreciated his work - and from his writing style, I pictured him as an energetic young man. We were all lucky to have met him, at least in cyberspace.
KLH
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 12:15PM

4Godnwv says:
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Thomas. I read his commentaries frequently, and posted links to his work almost weekly on my I-Hub message board "goldbugs". Thomas was a wonderful chartist and technician, and a great educator and mentor as well. I have personally learned much from him. He was a truly great voice in the trading community.
RWC Charleston, WV
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 11:21AM

st. patrick says:
Dear Karen. Hello froM CANADA. It's 5:28 AM here. I'm so sorry to hear about Thomas. He and I have been e-mailing each other for some years now. He was generous with his thoughts and encouragement, and a great educator and source of wisdom on TA. My condolences to the family. He will be sorrily missed by this individual.
OB
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 04:03AM

Jack says:
Iím having a hard time expressing my thoughts in these kinds of situations. Itís in moments like these that we realize how fragile our existence is. I have learned a lot from this website, his expertise will be missed greatly. Jack from Montreal
posted Sep 10, 2006 at 02:33AM

tigerpaw144 says:
Oh, my. i am so sorry. This guy had the best analysis of gold, even though I didn't always want to read things that conflicted with my bullish view. What a great guy. He will be missed by this middle aged lady in Seattle. God speed, Friend.
posted Sep 9, 2006 at 02:36PM

Eventhorizon says:
I am shocked and saddened by this news. My sincerest condolences to Frank's family and friends. I always looked forward to his level-headed, unbiased commentaries. I have a special respect for those with the courage to put themselves and their ideas out there.
Ian
posted Sep 9, 2006 at 02:18PM

elodina says:
Sad and socked to hear the news. Frank intoduced me technical analasis,he was a real caring person,his wife and his mother was always in his hart. Rest in peace dear Frank!
posted Sep 8, 2006 at 10:54AM

Don Bain says:
Sad to hear the news. You have my prayers. Be strong. Don
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 04:00PM

esoterist says:
I'm shocked. I used to come to this site regularly and always received courteous replies from him in discussion of various posts he made. Sincere condolences to all.
Eso. Thailand
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 05:51AM

Brent says:
I will miss Thomas' commentary. I discovered his web page when I was first interested in technical analysis and it helped me greatly. My sympathy goes out to the family.
posted Sep 7, 2006 at 12:16AM

dvarek says:
Rest in peace...and thanks for sharing your analyses and quality work. My condolences to family and friends.
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 03:57PM

olddatsunfan says:
I've read Thom (Frank's) analysis for years now and have enjoyed them greatly. My condolences to the family and may he be in peace.
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 01:50PM

mxmo says:
I will miss Franks comments and thoughts about the markets. I am very saddened to hear of his passing. Peace be with you.
posted Sep 6, 2006 at 12:03AM

jinx says:
A very special website, reflecting special people. Thomas was appreciated & will be missed.
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 02:55PM

seppel says:
You will be greatly missed. I salute you! Peace be with you.
posted Sep 4, 2006 at 01:24PM